Asset Allocation1 Strategies Professionally Managed Platform Solutions: AAS(k)SM
Retirement plan sponsors in the 401(k) market
This solution uses the investments available inside of your company-sponsored retirement plan. The investment funds are first screened using a proprietary process and then assembled into model portfolios that will be offered to plan participants.
Why Offer AAS(k)SM to Your Employees?
Most plan participants lack the knowledge and skill to manage their own retirement plan account. Employees make emotional decisions regarding their money after hearing the evening news or listening to friends and colleagues at the water cooler. The reality is that the average investor only captures a small percentage of the market performance as a result of those emotional decisions, which can lead to a poor outcome at retirement.
Fiduciary Standard of Care
Each model portfolio will hold between 6–12 funds at any given time. AAS uses fiduciary screening tools from fi360 and Morningstar to make our selections. We stand behind these with a Fiduciary Standard of Care backed by the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) process. The Pension Protection Act of 2006 has removed the corporate liability associated with providing investment advice to retirement plan participants. Offering managed account services now actually strengthens the company’s fiduciary position.
- Assessment and interpretation of client needs, goals, resources and investment choices
- 3(38) fiduciary support for plan sponsors
- 3(21) fiduciary support for plan participants
- Plan-specific investment platform, screened and modeled2
- Proactive selecting, vetting and ongoing management of investment managers
- Ongoing portfolio monitoring and rebalancing3
- Online account access4
- Quarterly account statement
Fees and Expenses
- Investment fund internal expenses vary based on the investments available
- No direct cost to the company: those employees who elect to enroll in the service pay their own way, most often directly from their plan account
- Can be added to the company compensation package for all or a select groups of employees
- Neither Asset Allocation nor Diversification guarantee a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market.
- Please consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing in Mutual Funds. The prospectus, which contains this and other information about the investment company, can be obtained directly from the Fund Company or your financial professional. Be sure to read the prospectus carefully before deciding whether to invest.
- Rebalancing can entail transaction costs and tax consequences that should be considered when determining a rebalancing strategy.
- Investment Advisory Services offered through Asset Allocation Strategies, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. Rebalancing can entail transaction costs and tax consequences that should be considered when determining a rebalancing strategy.